Pages

Saturday, January 30, 2010

REVIEW: Julie & Julia

MOVIE
Julie & Julia

CAST
Meryl Streep,
Amy Adams

RATING
PG-13

RELEASE
August 7, 2009

DIRECTOR
Nora Ephron

STUDIO
Columbia Pictures

RUNNING TIME
2 hours 3 minutes




GRADE
A+





STARS
****





REVIEW:

Bonn Apatite! This movie is a delicious treat from the director of Sleepless In Seattle and stellar performances from the entire cast. Julie & Julia tells two stories of two people from two separate worlds: Julia Child's rise to fame and Julie Powell's infamous blog of cooking her way through Julia Child's cookbook in one year. This movie was really a great film with heart, joy, drama, romance, and comedy sprinkled on top of the cake. The one thing I enjoyed was the stellar performances of Meryl Streep, Amy Adams, and Stanley Tucci (who I believe should get an Oscar nomination for his role in this movie.) I also admired the idea of making two films into one and still keeping a plot basis for the two women. The scenery of France throughout the first hour of the film is just beautiful. Meryl Streep certainly knows how to make a delicious meal for the audiences, if you know what I mean. Amy Adams also did a flawless job of being Julie Powell in this film. I've never met the real Julie Powell, but I would certainly love to get the chance to meet her at some point in my life. Though I am shocked at (SPOILER) how Julia Child hated Julie's blog. I mean, it was just an experiment that Julie took. Also, if you ever read the blog or read the book, then you should check out the SNL skit Dan Aykroyd did in the 70s titled the french chef. It's really a funny skit and I strongly recommend you checking it out on Hulu.com or YouTube when you get the chance. So what I'm saying' is: Watch Julie & Julia at some point. It really is a great film. If you liked Sleepless In Seattle, you'll LOVE Julie & Julia.


2 comments:

  1. agreed, a really fun movie. my only criticism might be that i wanted to see more "julie" scenes and fewer "julia" ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, too. (Good review, too.)
    Love, Luck and Lollipops

    ReplyDelete

Hello viewers of this blog,

Due to recent comments of spam and profanity present from obnoxious kids who think they are the funniest people in the world, I would like to request that the comments posted here are in good taste, meaning that they have no Anti-Semitic remarks, profanity, sexual innuendo, or any insults to myself. You can criticize the review and give pointers on how to make them better, but how about we be adults about this. Ok? Thank you, and have a nice day.

- Zach Marsh