Pages

Monday, March 22, 2010

Young Frankenstein VS Spaceballs


Okay, I know this is random, but I'm going to be getting the Mel Brooks Collection on Blu-Ray and I wanted to prove a point. So at my school I've asked my fellow classmates who Mel Brooks is. So they say they do, but not for the best reason. The only reason they know Mel Brooks is because of a parody film called Spaceballs. Now I don't know about you, but I have a huge problem with this. The kids these days apparantly don't understand the true comedy from my parent's time. According to the Rotten Tomatoes "Tomatometer", Young Frankensteing holds a 93% while Spaceballs holds a 64%. There are many reasons why Young Frankenstein is funnier than Spaceballs, but I'm gonna name the three main reasons why the film is still timeless and hilarious:


A. It has a great theme


B. This was the spoof film before the Airplane! filmmakers came in


C. Marty Feldman was, is, and always will be FUNNY!! R.I.P.


So basically, if you kids out there want good comedy or if you parents reading this are looking for a great film the family should enjoy, then look for Young Frankenstein, now on Blu-Ray & DVD. That's why the film is #9 on my Top 10 list, located in the left toolbar under the "about me" section.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello viewers of this blog,

Due to recent comments of spam and profanity present from obnoxious kids who think they are the funniest people in the world, I would like to request that the comments posted here are in good taste, meaning that they have no Anti-Semitic remarks, profanity, sexual innuendo, or any insults to myself. You can criticize the review and give pointers on how to make them better, but how about we be adults about this. Ok? Thank you, and have a nice day.

- Zach Marsh