Pages

Saturday, April 3, 2010

REVIEW: Clash Of The Titans (2D)

MOVIE
Clash Of The Titans

CAST
Sam Worthington,
Liam Nesson

RATING
PG-13

RELEASE
April 2, 2010

DIRECTOR
Louis Letterer

STUDIO
Warner Bros. Pictures

RUNNING TIME
1 hour 50 minutes




GRADE
A+





STARS
***3/4






REVIEW:

This is the unofficial start of the popcorn summer flick season as Louis Letterer, who directed The Incredible Hulk takes us into the world where Greek gods exist and so do demi-gods. Clash Of The Titans is basically what it says in the title as Perseus, the son of Zeus must defeat Hades and all of the monsters in front of him. Perseus leads a group of brave soldiers through the depth of all of our imaginations worst fears involving the Greek god world, like the Underworld for example. This film was a spectacular popcorn flick that audiences will love to see. Although, you don't really have to see it in 3D, which it's also being released in. I saw this movie in regular 2D and to tell you the truth, it was just the same kind of experience as any other kind of fantasy flick: AWESOME. This film was pushed back a week just to convert this to 3D, but like I said, they really didn't need to. They only did it for the money. I also heard that if you saw it in 3D, the characters would look like cardboard cut-outs rather than looking three dimensional and having a better depth look. But enough of that, let's go onto the actors. Sam Worthington of Avatar fame is fresh out of the pot as Perseus, Zeus' son. As he does in every movie he's in, he is great and seems like he's having fun with his characters. I never saw the original Clash Of The Titans, but I will try to check it out after seeing this. Also, for those of you who aren't sure if this will live up to its hype, believe me it DOES. I would also like to point out that at my screening, parents brought their little 5 or 6 year olds to see this, but hear me when I say this: Kids WILL Get FREAKED OUT by this movie. I don't want to say why, but let's just say I have an "eye" for this kind of stuff. So, if you're looking for a great fantasy action flick filled with romance, suspense, and humor, then you'll want o check out the Clash Of The Titans. "I will surely try to see the difference in 3D and post back on it."


PREVIEWS YOU MAY SEE:


A Nightmare On Elm Street


Salt


The Losers


Iron Man 2


Robin Hood


The A Team

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello viewers of this blog,

Due to recent comments of spam and profanity present from obnoxious kids who think they are the funniest people in the world, I would like to request that the comments posted here are in good taste, meaning that they have no Anti-Semitic remarks, profanity, sexual innuendo, or any insults to myself. You can criticize the review and give pointers on how to make them better, but how about we be adults about this. Ok? Thank you, and have a nice day.

- Zach Marsh