Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

REVIEW: Vampires Suck

MOVIE
Vampires Suck

CAST
Jenn Proske, Matt Lanter

RATING
PG-13

RELEASE
August 18, 2010

DIRECTOR(S)
Jason Friedberg, Aaron Seltzer

STUDIO(S)
20th Century Fox,
Regency Enterprises

RUNNING TIME
1 hour 20 minutes






GRADE
B- (81)









STARS
**1/4









REVIEW:

After the sheer awful-ness of the box office flop Disaster Movie (it's not just a clever title,) Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer give us their latest movie Vampires Suck. You can already guess from the title that this movie parodies the worldwide phenomenom known as The Twilight Saga. But surprising as it is, I actually went (and paid) to go see it with my friend, my sister, and my friends brother. And we all agreed that, despite the directors' crappy past, this one was actually their best one, although that isn't saying a lot.

Vampires Suck basically takes the main plot of the original Twilight, (see my review in the Archives to the right) adds different names to some of the main characters, and adds jokes about everything else. We all have to remember that Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer are like the Ed Wood of the 21st century. One day, probably in the next century, their movies will be like the cult status of Plan 9 From Outer Space, with them being "so bad, it's good." Right now, most would doubt that even these mostly awful directors would even acheive that, but I have hope for them.

Really, there are only eight jokes in this movie that were quite funny, but the rest of the movie just made me watch with no laughter. One of those things includes possibly the funniest person to be in this movie, and almost certainly one of the best up and coming actresses in the next couple of years is Jenn Proske as Becca, who actually does a teriffic job spoofing Kirsten Stewart's strange, "Edward. Edward. I love you." act. And most of the time, it is indeed funny. Some of the jokes in this movie did make me laugh quite a bit, but the rest, like I said just made me stare. I would also like to point out that if you haven't read Breaking Dawn, the final Twilight book in the series, don't see this because they spoil major plot points that are in the book, which really ticked off some of the girls in the movie.

So do you have to rush out to see this? No. Will this make you laugh a little? Possibly. Is it worth a rental? I think so. Since I'm a Twi-hard, there I said it, I enjoyed this movie quite a bit, it's not the best movie of the year, but it's something to pick up at Redbox when it comes out on DVD (or Blu-Ray since Redbox has them now for 50 cents more.) And I can surely say that this is not a movie for the young Twi-hards, since there are buckets of sex jokes in this movie. So if you like Twilight and don't mind the fact that Hollywood's current worst directors are making this, then I'd say, check it out while you are slightly drunk with you're boyfriend or girlfriend. So do Vampires Suck? I don't think so.











PREVIEWS YOU MAY SEE:


Unstoppable



Due Date


My Soul To Take


Paranormal Activity 2


Easy A



Machete

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello viewers of this blog,

Due to recent comments of spam and profanity present from obnoxious kids who think they are the funniest people in the world, I would like to request that the comments posted here are in good taste, meaning that they have no Anti-Semitic remarks, profanity, sexual innuendo, or any insults to myself. You can criticize the review and give pointers on how to make them better, but how about we be adults about this. Ok? Thank you, and have a nice day.

- Zach Marsh