Pages

Sunday, February 2, 2014

RIP Phillip Seymour Hoffman (1967-2014)

To say that Phillip Seymour Hoffman was one of the best actors working today is something that could only be believed if you saw any movie he was in.  From cult favorites like "The Big Lebowski," to bigger Hollywood movies like "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire," to an Oscar winning performance for his portrayal as Truman Capote in the film "Capote," Hoffman gave it his all in every performance he presented to filmgoers, and many seemed to really love what he could do.  It's a terrible shame to discover that Hoffman has passed away at the age of 46 from a drug overdose in his Manhattan apartment.  When I have the upmost respect for an actor like Mr. Hoffman, it truly makes me shake when I find out things like this.  Seriously, words cannot describe the amount of doubt and disbelief I am currently going through, especially since I literally just got back from seeing a sweet romantic comedy the moment I received the Facebook notification from a buddy of mine telling me this.  Another friend of mine just saw him at a Q&A at Sundance for a new film he's coming out with that premiered at the festival.  My heart goes out to his friends, family members, and anyone who was ever close to him.  To see someone with a tremendous amount of talent pass away is a true shame, but when it's someone who you care about dearly, which I'm sure pertained to many of Mr. Hoffman's colleagues, that can be a true stab to the heart.  To all of the people who ever knew him personally, I wish you all the absolute best of luck getting through this horrific and unbelievable tragedy.  Phillip Seymour Hoffman, you will surely be missed. Rest in Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello viewers of this blog,

Due to recent comments of spam and profanity present from obnoxious kids who think they are the funniest people in the world, I would like to request that the comments posted here are in good taste, meaning that they have no Anti-Semitic remarks, profanity, sexual innuendo, or any insults to myself. You can criticize the review and give pointers on how to make them better, but how about we be adults about this. Ok? Thank you, and have a nice day.

- Zach Marsh